Welcome to The Freedom Zone!
The Freedom Zone is a two-day mini-conference that is taking place in Birmingham during the 2008 Conservative party conference.
About the event
The Freedom Zone features two full days of fringe events. It runs from 8.00am to 9.00pm on Monday 29th and Tuesday 30th September 2008 at the Austin Court conference centre, a stone's throw from the International Conference Centre where the main conference is taking place.
Speakers and special guests currently include:
- The Rt Hon David Davis MP
- The Rt Hon John Redwood MP
- John Whittingdale OBE MP
- Philip Davies MP
- Michael Fallon MP
- Nadine Dorries MP
- Roger Helmer MEP
- Daniel Hannan MEP
- Iain Dale (Total Politics)
- Simon Heffer (Daily Telegraph)
- Michael White (assistant editor, The Guardian)
- Matthew Elliott (Taxpayers' Alliance)
- Claire Fox (Institute of Ideas)
- Heather Brooke (author, Your Right To Know)
- Jonathan Isaby (Daily Telegraph)
- Suzy Dean and James Panton (The Manifesto Club)
- Shane Frith and Mark Littlewood (Progressive Vision)
- Ruth Lea (Global Vision)
- Brian Monteith (The Free Society)
- Simon Clark (Forest)
- Caroline Boin (International Policy Network)
- Brian Coleman (London Assembly)
- Paul Staines (Guido Fawkes)
- Phil Hendren (Dizzy Thinks)
- Chris Mounsey (Devil's Kitchen)
Watch this space for more names.
All meetings will be held in the 150-seat Kingston Theatre which has state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities. The Freedom Zone features a canal-side coffee lounge which can hold a further 150 guests, plus an outside area for relaxing, socialising, and plain speaking. Delegates can enjoy complimentary tea and coffee, a giant widescreen TV, newspapers, WiFi for blogging, plus book signing sessions and media interview areas. The Freedom Zone is outside the Conservative party's security zone and is open to all free-thinkers, irrespective of party affiliation.
Come and join us!